• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

Upload Files by Agent(s) in Service Manager
Information 
I apologize if I missed how to do this in the documentation, but can anyone tell me how one allows someone working in the back office (i.e. agent, tech, etc.) to attach a document to a ticket (or action either is fine).

I see how when creating a ticket, but how can this be done after the ticket has been created.

I've been racking my brain looking for this function to no avail.  Is this a native feature or must there be a connection to another service (via REST or SOAP) to actually allow a simple, "upload" or "attach" a file?

Any help/thoughts/ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

-Jason
Jason Victor, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Jul 2017.

(06-19-2018, 04:22 PM)Jason Victor Wrote: I apologize if I missed how to do this in the documentation, but can anyone tell me how one allows someone working in the back office (i.e. agent, tech, etc.) to attach a document to a ticket (or action either is fine).

I see how when creating a ticket, but how can this be done after the ticket has been created.

I've been racking my brain looking for this function to no avail.  Is this a native feature or must there be a connection to another service (via REST or SOAP) to actually allow a simple, "upload" or "attach" a file?

Thank you in advance,

-Jason

Hi Jason,

Our forms have an Attachment field showing on the Details page (Incident/Request & Action) by default.
I have attached the config of this so you can create it.

It uses the HD - Solved Problem Wizard, with an Upload Fiel popup link.

Hope that helps,
Wayne

Wayne Smith, Charles Darwin University, Australia
proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Jun 2016.

Wayne,

Thank you for getting me that information.

I also have to admit, I was a bit blind yesterday and actually missed the obvious solution. Clicking on the 'attachments' link while in the Action. I must have just forgotten to eat my Wheaties yesterday.

But I'm glad that if (when) we want to have that option on the Incident/Request page, I now know how to do it.

Thanks again,

-Jason

(06-19-2018, 08:01 PM)wsmith Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 04:22 PM)Jason Victor Wrote: I apologize if I missed how to do this in the documentation, but can anyone tell me how one allows someone working in the back office (i.e. agent, tech, etc.) to attach a document to a ticket (or action either is fine).

Thank you in advance,

-Jason

Hi Jason,

Our forms have an Attachment field showing on the Details page (Incident/Request & Action) by default.
I have attached the config of this so you can create it.

It uses the HD - Solved Problem Wizard, with an Upload Fiel popup link.

Hope that helps,
Wayne

Tips: Delete "KeyboardShorcut" value and set "Button width" to create a beautifull button instead of link
ABBE Philippe, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.

ABBE Philippe,

Thanks for that great tip - I made the update/change to a button today!

-Jason