• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

Root Location
Our root location is blank and users/equipment sometimes get assigned to that location.  I know we can't delete, but can we set the name of that root location?  I ask because I see that Demo also has a blank root.  

Adding insult to injury, we get an error when attempting to open that location in Service Manager so I'm guessing I need to change via the mcmonitoring tool.

Thanks in advance
jhendrix, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2016.

I have not tried it but go to

SELECT TOP 20 * FROM AM_LOCATION

You should see it here. 

Try an update query to see if it will allow you to change it. Report back because this would be great if it works.
Jack Reeder
FMX Solutions Inc.
Jack.Reeder@fmxsolutions.com

(06-22-2018, 10:15 AM)jhendrix Wrote: Our root location is blank and users/equipment sometimes get assigned to that location.  I know we can't delete, but can we set the name of that root location?  I ask because I see that Demo also has a blank root.  

Adding insult to injury, we get an error when attempting to open that location in Service Manager so I'm guessing I need to change via the mcmonitoring tool.

Thanks in advance

Hello,
I would recommand that you create at least one level of location event if you fill it by 'USA' or 'Earth' it's should be very usefull.

Never change/delete root of AM_LOCATION, AM_DEPARTMENT, AM_SUPPLIER, AM_CATALOG, SD_CATALOG and other tree.

P.ABBE
ABBE Philippe, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.