• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

Workstation Equipment Location and Department Fields
Hello,

Currently we are importing machines and clients assigned to those machines based on sccm information.  This is leaving the location and department fields blank.  We have been updating these fields running the update wizard for each machine.

I'm curious if there is a way to do this for any machine that does not have a location or department field filled in, but has a user?
jvolltrauer, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2018.

Yes, this is common. One way is to create a scheduled alert to run nightly with a query to find all assets with a main user and no asset location (department) and update the asset with the main user's location. Very simple. Once the asset has a location the alert will not change it, just in case the asset location is different than the main user. This way all assets will have an asset location.

Even easier: if in your environment the asset location is ALWAYS the same as the main user then just display the main user's location instead of the asset location on the asset, in reports, etc.
Jack Reeder
FMX Solutions Inc.
Jack.Reeder@fmxsolutions.com

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the quick reply. Might someone here have an example of such a query. None of us here are SQL exports and are really struggling with coming up with our own queries.
jvolltrauer, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2018.

(07-20-2018, 12:36 PM)jvolltrauer Wrote: Hi Jack,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Might someone here have an example of such a query.  None of us here are SQL exports and are really struggling with coming up with our own queries.

I struggle with queries as well.  I can do a simple query, but have issues if it's more complicated than select * from--I feel your pain.

First, you can get a sample Access db from EV that helps when attempting to construct a statement.  I use it all the time and got a copy from my CSM.  I highly recommend that you get it from yours.

As far as the code you requested, here is what I got from using the Simple mode in an alert, then switching to advanced to add a couple of 'ors'.  

• AM_ASSET.REMOVED_DATE is null - Denotes active asset
  • AM_STATUS.STATUS_GUID IN ('{FA161FEB-AB6F-496A-9540-CAB91445A865}') - Our Status GUID for ‘Installed’, you’ll have to use your own GUID
  • AM_LOCATION.LOCATION_ID = 6  -This is the default blank, unusable location with no information
  • am_asset.employee_id is null - No employee 
((AM_ASSET.REMOVED_DATE is null)  AND (AM_STATUS.STATUS_GUID IN ('{FA161FEB-AB6F-496A-9540-CAB91445A865}'))) AND (((AM_LOCATION.LOCATION_ID = 6)) or ((am_asset.employee_id is null)))
jhendrix, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2016.

(07-16-2018, 02:09 PM)jvolltrauer Wrote: Hello,

Currently we are importing machines and clients assigned to those machines based on sccm information.  This is leaving the location and department fields blank.  We have been updating these fields running the update wizard for each machine.

I'm curious if there is a way to do this for any machine that does not have a location or department field filled in, but has a user?

Hello,
First i think that it's a mistake to wait for SCCM to create equipment. You must have financial data and administrative assignement before hardware and software information.

Second, SCCM have it own reference system (ex : v_GS_SYSTEM_ENCLOSURE.ChassisTypes0) that is boring to insert into Easyvista.

If you insert SCCM data with pre-import (https://wiki.easyvista.com/xwiki/bin/vie...#Preimport) i suggest that you can add location and department of employee into "xxx_TABLE_OK" with an left outer join

Code:
FROM        EVO_BACKOFFICE.[EZV_ADMIN].E_HARD_SCCM_TEMP AS a LEFT OUTER JOIN
            EVO_DATA50004.[50004].AM_EMPLOYEE AS b ON a.E_LOGIN=b.LOGIN

P.ABBE
ABBE Philippe, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.