• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1
Thread Modes

Open Incident and Service Request Report
#1
I created 2 reports that shows closed incidents by date I choose and it sorts them first by group then last action owner.  The report works great, but trying to do this for open incidents and service requests has been a challenge. 

Secondly, I'm also trying to filter out closed incidents and service requests by those that went beyond SLA and we simply aren't understanding how to filter those out.  

If someone can shed light on this, please do.  Thanks.
jvolltrauer, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2018.

#2
(02-06-2019, 11:51 AM)jvolltrauer Wrote: I created 2 reports that shows closed incidents by date I choose and it sorts them first by group then last action owner.  The report works great, but trying to do this for open incidents and service requests has been a challenge. 

Secondly, I'm also trying to filter out closed incidents and service requests by those that went beyond SLA and we simply aren't understanding how to filter those out.  

If someone can shed light on this, please do.  Thanks.


Hi Joe,

For #1, what sort of issues are you running into for open tickets?

For #2 you can report those in one of two ways. First is reporting on the Solution Late field value (sd_request.delay) being greater than 0. Anything missing an SLA should populate that with a value greater than that. This is the best approach. You can also report on tickets where sd_request.end_date_ut > sd_request.max_resolution_date_ut (SLA Due Date) as well.
cmiller, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Oct 2015.

#3
For 1, when I select my filter, I am selecting for closed tickets, equal to Closed, Fulfilled ect.  I would think that if I select not equal to or equal to other status possibilities, it should give me open tickets but it's not.
jvolltrauer, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2018.

#4
(02-06-2019, 02:18 PM)jvolltrauer Wrote: For 1, when I select my filter, I am selecting for closed tickets, equal to Closed, Fulfilled ect.  I would think that if I select not equal to or equal to other status possibilities, it should give me open tickets but it's not.

Try reporting on Solution Date is empty to get open tickets, that's easier than trying to specify individual statuses.
cmiller, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Oct 2015.

#5
I'm not seeing solution date as an option.
jvolltrauer, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2018.

#6
What parent query are you using?
cmiller, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Oct 2015.

#7
Incidents as this is what I used for my closed incident report which worked.  Thanks for taking the time to answer this.
jvolltrauer, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2018.

#8
(02-06-2019, 03:46 PM)jvolltrauer Wrote: Incidents as this is what I used for my closed incident report which worked.  Thanks for taking the time to answer this.

It should be labeled as Solution Date but it's possible the field was renamed. If you edit the Parent Query, you're looking for the field called SD_REQUEST.END_DATE_UT.
cmiller, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Oct 2015.

#9
After much trial and error, I gave up for a bit since nothing was working. I then figured out that much of what I wanted was already done in the design report for my actions. I copied the report and was able to tune it from there. I was able to get both incidents and service requests in the same report as well as filter tickets that were past SLA by using the duration in minutes field.

Thanks for the information.
jvolltrauer, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2018.






Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)