• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

Dynamic Groups?
I have a workflow where I essentially need to utilize an approval step for the end user(s) to confirm they have uploaded some data before the workflow proceed (its an automation and without the data, there isn't a reason for it to run). The trouble is, that every request can have up to 3 people who can submit this data, but currently, only the recipient can reply to the approval email to advance the workflow.

I'm trying to devise a solution where I can perhaps gather the 3 employee IDs specific to that request and save them to SD Request and then pull those ID's into a custom role so that all 3 people, for each request, can submit the approval. Is this the only practical way to do this? Just want to make sure i'm not over complicating things unnecessarily, so i'm curious if anyone else has had any similar solutions that they wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks!
justinh, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Oct 2015.

Hi
We sometimes use "auto assing" to take control over action owned by other user... Can you do this?? Send the approval step to one user but one of the others can "auto-assign" to himself the approval step an go on..

We only use some like "dynamic group" with CI roles.
bye

Maybe instead of variable group memberships, you could look into using a business rule to move the action along. Have the trigger looking for an update to am_action of that catalog type, then running the "Complete Action" web service from the related process?
brosenber, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Oct 2015.

(03-27-2019, 09:34 AM)brosenber Wrote: Maybe instead of variable group memberships, you could look into using a business rule to move the action along. Have the trigger looking for an update to am_action of that catalog type, then running the "Complete Action" web service from the related process?

well, the problem with that if i'm understanding it is that the insertion of the action is handled by the TSA and since out of the box, the only person the TSA will validate is whoever is set as the action owner. This is why i was thinking a dynamic group would be best. Otherwise, i'm not sure how I could get an end user without a license to trigger the workflow to move forward when the action isn't assigned directly to them.
justinh, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Oct 2015.

(04-02-2019, 10:10 AM)justinh Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 09:34 AM)brosenber Wrote: Maybe instead of variable group memberships, you could look into using a business rule to move the action along. Have the trigger looking for an update to am_action of that catalog type, then running the "Complete Action" web service from the related process?

well, the problem with that if i'm understanding it is that the insertion of the action is handled by the TSA and since out of the box, the only person the TSA will validate is whoever is set as the action owner. This is why i was thinking a dynamic group would be best. Otherwise, i'm not sure how I could get an end user without a license to trigger the workflow to move forward when the action isn't assigned directly to them.

I think that these 3 employee could be in a group and you can identify that group on catalog request

1/ Create a new group and add the 3 employee
2/ Create a new field on SD_CATALOG.E_VALIDATION_TEAM_ID
3/ Edit catalog to add that field and are a list of group
4/ Create a custom role (AM_ACTION and SD_REQUEST) for that group
5/ Edit workflow to use that group 

P.ABBE
ABBE Philippe, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.