• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

Problem Reporting - Counts for related incidents
I cannot seem to get this to work via the reporting interface, but assume its something i'm missing. Now, in SQL, this is super easy:

select p.rfc_number, count(r.request_id) as count from SD_REQUEST_PROBLEM rp
inner join sd_request r on r.request_id = rp.request_id  
inner join sd_request p on p.request_id = rp.problem_id
where p.rfc_number like 'pr%'
and r.end_date_ut is null
group by p.rfc_number

bam, thats exactly what I need, now how do I get this into the reporting within easyvista? it seems I need to join the table twice like I did above, but i'm struggling to get this to work in the actual system. Is there a view or something I can use to accomplish this? Being that this is OOTB functionality, I must be missing something when trying to report on this data.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin
justinh, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Oct 2015.

(04-02-2019, 10:22 AM)justinh Wrote: I cannot seem to get this to work via the reporting interface, but assume its something i'm missing. Now, in SQL, this is super easy:

select p.rfc_number, count(r.request_id) as count from SD_REQUEST_PROBLEM rp
inner join sd_request r on r.request_id = rp.request_id  
inner join sd_request p on p.request_id = rp.problem_id
where p.rfc_number like 'pr%'
and r.end_date_ut is null
group by p.rfc_number

bam, thats exactly what I need, now how do I get this into the reporting within easyvista? it seems I need to join the table twice like I did above, but i'm struggling to get this to work in the actual system. Is there a view or something I can use to accomplish this? Being that this is OOTB functionality, I must be missing something when trying to report on this data.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

Hello,

1/ Create a view with your script (replace p.rfc_number by p.request_id)
2/ Edit parent request and add the new view with link p.request_id=sd_request.request_id

P.ABBE
ABBE Philippe, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.