• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

SCCM Integration and assigning users to machines but ignoring shared machines
I'm looking to re-implement our sccm machine and user import integration.  I'm trying to find a way to exclude certain machines from being updated such as those in a learning center or being used to control equipment.  What would be the best way to do this?
jvolltrauer, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2018.

(04-14-2020, 08:14 AM)jvolltrauer Wrote: I'm looking to re-implement our sccm machine and user import integration.  I'm trying to find a way to exclude certain machines from being updated such as those in a learning center or being used to control equipment.  What would be the best way to do this?

Hello,
When you create the BR to update am_asset.location_id when employee_id is update (http://www.global.easyvista.com/evconnec...ml#pid4076) you trigger update of whole employee_id/location_id of asset. You can create a condition for this trigger (edit condition in the first screen of BR) :

Code:
IF EXISTS
(
     SELECT *
     FROM INSERTED
INNER JOIN AM_LOCATION_PATH on INSERTED.LOCATION_ID=AM_LOCATION_PATH.LOCATION_ID
     WHERE AM_LOCATION_PATH.LOCATION_PATH_EN not like '%learning center%')
BEGIN
@@FIRETRIGGER@@
END

P.ABBE
ABBE Philippe, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.

(04-14-2020, 08:14 AM)jvolltrauer Wrote: I'm looking to re-implement our sccm machine and user import integration.  I'm trying to find a way to exclude certain machines from being updated such as those in a learning center or being used to control equipment.  What would be the best way to do this?

Alternatively, you could setup separate integrations for your client computers vs. shared machines, assuming you have a way to identify them in SCCM. I setup something similar based on the AD OU that a machine belonged to and broke them into two integrations. The integration for the shared machines, in that case, would not include the user mapping. If you're connecting to SCCM from EV via ODBC, you would just adjust the query, otherwise you would setup a different file generation process.
cmiller, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Oct 2015.