• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

Auto Qualification of emailed requests
Some background.  We have a form on our intranet that folks can fill out to request a team's account and then that form is sent to our helpdesk email address.  The subject always contains Microsoft Teams Request for and then the name.  

Currently, all tickets generated via email to our helpdesk for qualification.  The uncategorized category is used with a back-office workflow.  The helpdesk looks at it and sets the appropriate category sending it to the correct team/department.  I don't see any reason for the helpdesk to have to categorize tickets being.

Much of this is a learning experience as I think I'll want to use this process as more forms are created.  I tried a br but that didn't work.  I'm guessing I either need to add a step to our back-office workflow that automatically qualifies the request and set's the correct category and workflow, or create a new workflow and have it catch incoming email that contains a key sentence in the subject line.
jvolltrauer, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2018.

We have a dedicated mailbox that we use for these types of system/form generated emails that is setup in the Technical Support Agent (TSA) to trigger the creation of an Event. That Event Workflow will then look for a specific string and uses WEB Services to create a new ticket with the appropriate category. Aside from taking some of the work off of the help desk's plate, we have also used this method to automatically create incident tickets from alerts sent by our monitoring systems. There is a world of possibilities with TSA that just requires a well formatted email!
Sarah Schumacher
Service Desk Tool Administrator

(06-09-2020, 09:28 AM)sarahschumacher Wrote: We have a dedicated mailbox that we use for these types of system/form generated emails that is setup in the Technical Support Agent (TSA) to trigger the creation of an Event.  That Event Workflow will then look for a specific string and uses WEB Services to create a new ticket with the appropriate category.  Aside from taking some of the work off of the help desk's plate, we have also used this method to automatically create incident tickets from alerts sent by our monitoring systems.  There is a world of possibilities with TSA that just requires a well formatted email!

Hi Sarah,
as you mentioned that EVENT workflow looks for a "Specific string" - is it possible for you to share how does it searches and captures the string? 
Does it use a specific code or is there an out of the box feature in easyvista to search for a string?
pankaj.ahlawat@gmail.com, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Aug 2019.

(07-08-2020, 07:11 AM)pankaj.ahlawat@gmail.com Wrote: Hi Sarah,
as you mentioned that EVENT workflow looks for a "Specific string" - is it possible for you to share how does it searches and captures the string? 
Does it use a specific code or is there an out of the box feature in easyvista to search for a string?

We just have a conditional step in the Event workflow to check for the string we would expect to see in the email and since these emails are always generated in a predefined format. To validate the email even more, you could even check for who the email was sent from if it is always from a certain address.

For example, you might use something like the following condition to identify the email based on text in the subject line or email body (both are copied to the event record's SD_REQUEST.COMMENT field):
Code:
SELECT SD_REQUEST.REQUEST_ID
FROM SD_REQUEST
WHERE SD_REQUEST.REQUEST_ID = @@ID@@
AND SD_REQUEST.COMMENT LIKE '%Microsoft Teams Request for%'

or use the following if form results are always sent from a certain email address:
Code:
SELECT SD_REQUEST.REQUEST_ID
FROM SD_REQUEST
INNER JOIN AM_EMPLOYEE ON SD_REQUEST.REQUESTOR_ID = AM_EMPLOYEE.EMPLOYEE_ID
WHERE SD_REQUEST.REQUEST_ID = @@ID@@
AND AM_EMPLOYEE.E_MAIL = 'FormSystem@company.com'
AND SD_REQUEST.COMMENT LIKE '%Microsoft Teams Request for%'
Sarah Schumacher
Service Desk Tool Administrator

(06-09-2020, 09:28 AM)sarahschumacher Wrote: We have a dedicated mailbox that we use for these types of system/form generated emails that is setup in the Technical Support Agent (TSA) to trigger the creation of an Event.  That Event Workflow will then look for a specific string and uses WEB Services to create a new ticket with the appropriate category.  Aside from taking some of the work off of the help desk's plate, we have also used this method to automatically create incident tickets from alerts sent by our monitoring systems.  There is a world of possibilities with TSA that just requires a well formatted email!

Thanks sarah, i am able to scan the emails as first step in the Workflow, and based on the cases CATALOG_ID is set in the ticket.

Problem is the relevant workflow attached to that CATALOG_ID is not invoked automatically, because i am setting the CATALOG_ID in database after the WF has already started

Even if i try using the WEB SERVICE, the next challenge is how to set the RECIPIENT_ID using REST api, because as per WIKI 

You can use all the fields from the SD_REQUEST table except those mentioned below in the body of the HTTP request.
rfc_number ; request_id ; location_id ; request_project_id ; recipient_id ; severity_id ; status_id ; department_id ; parent_request_id ; last_group_id ; last_done_by_id ; submitted_by ; kbase_id ; sla_id ; sd_catalog_id ; initial_sd_catalog_id ; order_id ; news_id ; project_idvert case
pankaj.ahlawat@gmail.com, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Aug 2019.

(08-03-2020, 04:22 AM)pankaj.ahlawat@gmail.com Wrote:

Thanks sarah, i am able to scan the emails as first step in the Workflow, and based on the cases CATALOG_ID is set in the ticket.

Problem is the relevant workflow attached to that CATALOG_ID is not invoked automatically, because i am setting the CATALOG_ID in database after the WF has already started

Even if i try using the WEB SERVICE, the next challenge is how to set the RECIPIENT_ID using REST api, because as per WIKI 

You can use all the fields from the SD_REQUEST table except those mentioned below in the body of the HTTP request.
rfc_number ; request_id ; location_id ; request_project_id ; recipient_id ; severity_id ; status_id ; department_id ; parent_request_id ; last_group_id ; last_done_by_id ; submitted_by ; kbase_id ; sla_id ; sd_catalog_id ; initial_sd_catalog_id ; order_id ; news_id ; project_idvert case

Hello 
First for Joseph,
If you use intranet for form a request that be send by email to Easyvista, you could included into forged email  
catalog code : @CODE_CATALOG@='Request_Teams_Access'
https://wiki.easyvista.com/xwiki/bin/vie...anguage=en
Notice that you should create another TSA for this purpose to avoid collision beetween request and incident.

Second for Sarah,
She use Webservice to create a request, it's allow to use recipient_id
https://wiki.easyvista.com/xwiki/bin/vie...nt-request

Third for Pankaj
Sarah create an event from TSA, the even workflow analyse comment description and create a new request when find specif sentence.
I think that the event will be destruct or canceled.

P.ABBE
ABBE Philippe, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.