• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

Notification of late action
I'm curious if anyone has implemented some sort of late action notification to the owner of the action.  I've been asked to create something like this and I'm not really sure the best way to go about it.  

I suppose I could run some sort of report but I'm unsure how to send the report of late actions to only that tech.  

Then I was thinking maybe a business rule, but that could possibly get annoying and I'm not sure how I could schedule that to run at a certain time.  Any thoughts?
jvolltrauer, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2018.

(07-27-2020, 08:02 AM)jvolltrauer Wrote: I'm curious if anyone has implemented some sort of late action notification to the owner of the action.  I've been asked to create something like this and I'm not really sure the best way to go about it.  

I suppose I could run some sort of report but I'm unsure how to send the report of late actions to only that tech.  

Then I was thinking maybe a business rule, but that could possibly get annoying and I'm not sure how I could schedule that to run at a certain time.  Any thoughts?

Hello,
First remenber that an action can be assigned to a group or a employee.
If you want to create a report of late action to a defined group, you can use scheduled report and send the report to the specified group.

If you want to create a notification of late action to an employee (validation/acceptance task), you may create a scheduled task that target all validation task that be late. The scheduled task record an tag/available field on the action 'to be late'. Then create a business rule that trigger the tag/available field with the value 'to be late' and send a notification. Email can included the link (see autoconnect link) to the action to do.
If the notification must be do each time, erase the tag. Schedule the task for each day or each week depending of validation/acceptance to do.

P.ABBE
ABBE Philippe, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.