• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

Importing documents into Knowledge Base
We have quite a few documents in One Note that we would like to use to populate our knowledge base.  Has anyone had success with importing documents into the KB?  Can you offer any tips on the import process?

Thanks!
dkmoreland, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since May 2018.

(05-10-2018, 12:47 PM)dkmoreland Wrote: We have quite a few documents in One Note that we would like to use to populate our knowledge base.  Has anyone had success with importing documents into the KB?  Can you offer any tips on the import process?

Thanks!

Hello,
We don't use OneNote but DOCX document,i think the import process should be the same.
See below columns of csv file and example of value

Code:
Nø ERREUR CONNUE:K2016000036
Nø ERREUR CONNUE PARENTE:K2011010003/K2016000012/K2016000036
QUESTION / TITRE:Root element is missing
REPONSE / DESCRIPTION:Summary of KB + link <a href="http://documentation_serveur/document_name.docx" target="_blank"> Clic on the link</a>
STATUT:Knows error
SUJET:INCIDENTS/SOFTWARE/SOFTWARE NAME
URGENCE:3 - Normal
IMPACT:
PUBLIC:1
CATEGORIE:    
DATE DE CREATION:    
DATE DE FIN DE PUBLICATION:    
GROUP RESPONSABLE:GROUP_NAME
RESPONSABLE:OWNER
P.ABBE
ABBE Philippe, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.

Thank you for your resprocess?  I don't see a menu option to import documents.ponse.  I'm afraid I need a little more clarification.  Can you give me a brief rundown of the

I'm sorry - I don't know what happened to my first reply.  Here it is again - with proper spelling and wording.

Thank you for your response.  I don't see a menu option to import documents on the menu.  I'm afraid I need a little more clarification.  Can you give me a brief rundown of the process?
dkmoreland, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since May 2018.

(05-11-2018, 02:47 PM)dkmoreland Wrote: Thank you for your resprocess?  I don't see a menu option to import documents.ponse.  I'm afraid I need a little more clarification.  Can you give me a brief rundown of the

I'm sorry - I don't know what happened to my first reply.  Here it is again - with proper spelling and wording.

Thank you for your response.  I don't see a menu option to import documents on the menu.  I'm afraid I need a little more clarification.  Can you give me a brief rundown of the process?

Hello,
It's not possible to import documents, you should import a text with a link to that document store on a server on your side (sharepoint server or local folder [link should be \\ServerName\Folder\...\DocumentName.ext])

P.ABBE
ABBE Philippe, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.