• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

Set new equipment records to active
Hi,

We are importing assets into ezvista via sccm.  The original import was setting the status to active, which on it's own wasn't a problem but we found that it was over writing manual settings of status for those assets back to active.  I was told we could resolve this by removing it from our integration step and adding a business rule.  

This is all fine and good, but I'm not sure where to start.  If anyone is doing this in their environment, perhaps they can offer up some help?  Thanks in advance.
jvolltrauer, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2018.

(05-10-2018, 03:46 PM)jvolltrauer Wrote: Hi,

We are importing assets into ezvista via sccm.  The original import was setting the status to active, which on it's own wasn't a problem but we found that it was over writing manual settings of status for those assets back to active.  I was told we could resolve this by removing it from our integration step and adding a business rule.  

This is all fine and good, but I'm not sure where to start.  If anyone is doing this in their environment, perhaps they can offer up some help?  Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Primary you should noticed that importing assets need fourth values (and a primary key [Network_identifier or AssetTag if exit]):
- CLASSIFICATION
- MANUFACTURER
- MODEL
- STATUS

We used Easyvista "PREIMPORT" to store sccm hardware value on a temporary table, then process value for matching with AM_ASSET table.

Code:
INSERT EVO_BACKOFFICE.EZV_ADMIN.E_HARD_SCCM_OK
(E_EZV_CATALOG, E_EZV_BRAND, E_EZV_MODEL, E_ID_SCCM, E_NETWORK_IDENTIFIER)

SELECT SUBSTRING(d.UN_CLASSIFICATION_PATH_FR, 11, LEN(d.UN_CLASSIFICATION_PATH_FR)) AS E_EZV_CATALOG, e.MANUFACTURER, c.ARTICLE_MODEL,  a.E_ID_SCCM, a.E_NETWORK_IDENTIFIER
FROM        EVO_BACKOFFICE.[EZV_ADMIN].E_HARD_SCCM_TEMP AS a INNER JOIN
            EVO_DATA50004.[50004].AM_ASSET AS b ON a.E_NETWORK_IDENTIFIER=b.NETWORK_IDENTIFIER INNER JOIN
            EVO_DATA50004.[50004].AM_CATALOG AS c ON b.CATALOG_ID=c.CATALOG_ID INNER JOIN
            EVO_DATA50004.[50004].AM_UN_CLASSIFICATION_PATH AS d ON c.UN_CLASSIFICATION_ID=d.UN_CLASSIFICATION_ID INNER JOIN
            EVO_DATA50004.[50004].AM_MANUFACTURER AS e ON c.MANUFACTURER_ID=e.MANUFACTURER_ID

Remark: This solution prohibited asset creation, it's only update asset with sccm hardware values.

An other solution is explained on wiki :
https://wiki.easyvista.com/xwiki/bin/vie...anguage=en

P.ABBE
ABBE Philippe, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.