• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

Is there a way to set a hard coded email address in a Customized Role?
Hi,

We want a notification that is generated from a workflow to be sent to a specific hard-coded email address, but we don't want to hard-code it in the workflow. In the event that the email address changes, we want to be able to easily change it, without having to touch the workflow.  It seems that the logical thing to do would be to have a Customized Role that references this email address, but I can't figure out how to hard-code the email address in the Customized Role.  I thought it would be simple to just set the Data Type in the Customized Role to Email and put something like "SELECT 'person.email@address.com' as email" in the SQL field, but this did not produce any notification.  Does anyone know if there is a way to hard-code an email address in the SQL of the Customized Role?

Audrey

For this to work the email address has to exist in an employee record in EasyVista. I have had much better luck in accomplishing this task by creating an employee with the desired email address, then create a group and add the employee to the group. Finally, create a role and add the group to the role. Assign the role to the workflow. Whenever updates are required for the email address, simply update the employee record.
EasyVista Senior Consultant

(05-16-2018, 09:38 AM)bdavis Wrote: For this to work the email address has to exist in an employee record in EasyVista. I have had much better luck in accomplishing this task by creating an employee with the desired email address, then create a group and add the employee to the group. Finally, create a role and add the group to the role. Assign the role to the workflow. Whenever updates are required for the email address, simply update the employee record.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the response.  I was aware I could reference a group or employee record for an email address, but I really hoped it could just be stored directly in the Customized Role somehow, so I could avoid having to create an additional separate record to be referenced by the Customized Role.  Thanks for letting me know.

Audrey
audreyh, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2017.