• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

Business Rule - Action ID Any way to achieve what I'm wanting?
Hi Guys,

So we send out approval notices to managers/technicians when they have a request pending their approval. All works fine from that, however we have to send out reminder notifications to people to remind them. 1 original notification and 2 done via business rule. The business rule notifications are giving us issues. I think i remember in the beginning what we were wanting couldn't be done but reaching out to you guys to see if you've done something similar.

Original Notification goes out, when they click approve they get this:

-------------------------------------------Please Do not delete the text below this line-------------------------------------------
@OPERATION@='SOLVE'
@RFC_NUMBER@='S180516_012'
@ACTION_ID@='705446'
@CHOICE@='1'

Business Rule Notification goes out, when they click approve they get this:

-------------------------------------------Please Do not delete the text below this line-------------------------------------------
@OPERATION@='SOLVE'
@ACTION_ID@='#[WF_TAGS.CURRENT_ACTION_ID]#'
@CHOICE@='1'

The obvious culprit here is the ActionID is not available when sent via the business rule. Is there any other way to achieve this? Screen shot of our notifications is attached. Also when they hit approve on an email in the business rule notifictation the ticket doesn't capture that via the TSA either.

Thumbnail(s)

Bjhobbs, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.

(05-21-2018, 06:16 AM)Bjhobbs Wrote: Hi Guys,

So we send out approval notices to managers/technicians when they have a request pending their approval. All works fine from that, however we have to send out reminder notifications to people to remind them. 1 original notification and 2 done via business rule. The business rule notifications are giving us issues. I think i remember in the beginning what we were wanting couldn't be done but reaching out to you guys to see if you've done something similar.

Original Notification goes out, when they click approve they get this:

@OPERATION@='SOLVE'
@ACTION_ID@='705446'
@CHOICE@='1'

Business Rule Notification goes out, when they click approve they get this:

@OPERATION@='SOLVE'
@ACTION_ID@='#[WF_TAGS.CURRENT_ACTION_ID]#'
@CHOICE@='1'

The obvious culprit here is the ActionID is not available when sent via the business rule. Is there any other way to achieve this? Screen shot of our notifications is attached. Also when they hit approve on an email in the business rule notifictation the ticket doesn't capture that via the TSA either.

Hello
Indeed #[WF_TAGS.CURRENT_ACTION_ID]# is the action_id of business rule not of your workflow.
Catch beforehand in you BR action_id of the workflow and use it as a variable. Then send it with @OPERATION@='SOLVE'

For attachement in reply @OPERATION@='SOLVE' : http://www.global.easyvista.com/evconnec...ml#pid2822
Currently I don't have the answer from support

P.ABBE
ABBE Philippe, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.

In my Business Rules I usually pull the action ID like the below and as stated earlier, set that to a variable.
select action_id
from am_Action
where request_id in (@ID@)
and end_date_ut is null
jhendrix, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2016.