• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

Workflow for Customer Updates
We have a built a "Notify Change" option into our Service Apps which is working great, except we want it to do more than just quietly add the update to the ticket history.

I'm looking to build a conditional step that will check for @@RFC_NUMBER@ in the subject line at any point in the workflow.

If it finds @RFC_NUMBER@ in the subject line and the sender is the requestor and/or the recipient, the system will email the Support Person with Action to Complete notifying them that #[DB_FIELDS.REQUESTOR_ID.AM_EMPLOYEE.LAST_NAME] has updated the ticket and change the status to New. Ideally this email would include the contents of the Requestor's email, but that's not necessary as we can just direct the agent to log into EV and review the updates if need be.
hflinn, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since May 2018.

I would do this with a BR that looks for the update where there is an empty action. This is a great idea and I may incorporate your process into our Service Apps as well. Should I get something built before you get a solution, I'll post it.
jhendrix, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2016.

(05-29-2018, 09:23 AM)jhendrix Wrote: I would do this with a BR that looks for the update where there is an empty action.  This is a great idea and I may incorporate your process into our Service Apps as well.  Should I get something built before you get a solution, I'll post it.

jhendrix,

Can you give me a bit more detail on how you would do that?

I would think you would want to do the business rule on the 'Incoming Email' action.  I don't understand exactly what you mean by 'empty action'.

My question would be how can you make sure that only the assigned person gets an email an not the team?  (I'm sure there is more to it than I think)?

Any ideas/thoughts/ideas/suggestions/examples?

Thanks,

-Jason
Jason Victor, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Jul 2017.

(06-05-2018, 02:45 PM)Jason Victor Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 09:23 AM)jhendrix Wrote: I would do this with a BR that looks for the update where there is an empty action.  This is a great idea and I may incorporate your process into our Service Apps as well.  Should I get something built before you get a solution, I'll post it.

jhendrix,

Can you give me a bit more detail on how you would do that?

I would think you would want to do the business rule on the 'Incoming Email' action.  I don't understand exactly what you mean by 'empty action'.

My question would be how can you make sure that only the assigned person gets an email an not the team?  (I'm sure there is more to it than I think)?

Any ideas/thoughts/ideas/suggestions/examples?

Thanks,

-Jason

Sorry, bad wording on my part.  I meant open action.  

I'm working on this functionality with the two statements below.  It works on the insert on the AM_ACTION table.  The top one looks for the email type with a subject line of 'Claimed' which we prepopulate into a canned email.  The second one is looking for something altogether different, but If I change the action type to 76 it will look for emails for a specific SR catalog.  

At some point we have to make sure that the SR is not closed since the processes we'd like to set won't apply to those.  I am always unsure whether or not to put that into the definition or not.  Seems more efficient to check on the front end.
--------

if exists(
select *
from inserted
where action_type_id = 76 and COMMENT like '%Claimed%')
BEGIN
@@FIRETRIGGER@@
END
------
if exists
(
select *
from inserted a
inner join sd_request b on b.request_id = a.request_id
inner join sd_catalog_path c on c.sd_catalog_id = b.sd_catalog_id
where b.E_ACKNOWLEDGED is null
and action_type_id in (64)
and c.sd_catalog_path_en like '%Service Request/Library%'
)
jhendrix, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2016.

This is fairly simple. However you'll need to determine all your conditions. Something like:

Create a BR Definition:
Trigger on creation of an action 
WHERE the type is xxxx 
AND the subject contains a ticket number LIKE 'IN%' (or whatever your number schema) 
AND there are open actions with the same request_id
AND AM_ACTION.DONE_BY_ID IS NOT NULL
AND whatever else you need.

BR Process:
If you only expect or condition on only one open action existing then grab the user from the action and send an email.
If you could have "n" open actions and emails should go to all, update a field on all the open actions,  SET AVAILABLE_FIELD_1 = 'SEND EMAIL' (or similar).

Create a new BR Def triggered by a change in AM_ACTION.AVAILABLE_FIELD_1 = 'SEND EMAIL'.
Create the BR Process to send the DONE_BY_ID an email.

That's the gist...you'll need to work out the exact details.

Good luck.

Jack Reeder
Jack Reeder
FMX Solutions Inc.
Jack.Reeder@fmxsolutions.com