• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Modes

Mail components
Hello,

We are using the mail components in our workflows.
In a certain workflow, there's a questionnaire that a technician must answer when finishing the request. We want to insert a mail component that sends a response to the requestor based on the answers that the technician gave.

Is it possible to create tags to the question results?

Thank you!
pms23, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Apr 2017.

(06-11-2018, 04:52 AM)pms23 Wrote: Hello,

In a certain workflow, there's a questionnaire that a technician must answer when finishing the request. We want to insert a mail component that sends a response to the requestor based on the answers that the technician gave.

Thank you!

I think i understand what you're trying to do. Others may have an opinion on this and I could be wrong but couldn't you just take the tech questionnaire and target certain fields so the data is stored, and then create a mail component and utilize the tags to reference these fields? Then either through a business rule or part of the workflow fire off the email after the tech completes the questionnaire and the action.
Bjhobbs, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.

(06-11-2018, 06:48 AM)Bjhobbs Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 04:52 AM)pms23 Wrote: Hello,

Thank you!

I think i understand what you're trying to do. Others may have an opinion on this and I could be wrong but couldn't you just take the tech questionnaire and target certain fields so the data is stored, and then create a mail component and utilize the tags to reference these fields? Then either through a business rule or part of the workflow fire off the email after the tech completes the questionnaire and the action.

Hello,
You can use #[WF_TAGS.QUESTION_RESULTS_HTML]# but it included all questions/answers then like Bjhobbs say for only included some question you must create a custom business rule to store in 1 field desired questions/answers.

P.ABBE
ABBE Philippe, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Nov 2015.

Or you can create a DB update step for each question, store the value as a instance variable then include in your notification. Notification is best in WF if it always fires after the tech completed their action. 
Jack Reeder
FMX Solutions Inc.
Jack.Reeder@fmxsolutions.com

Thank you all for your responses. Smile

We decided to use #[WF_TAGS.QUESTION_RESULTS_HTML]# as this can summarize the answers to the request.

Hi Paula, did this solution turn out to work in practice btw? We could use something like this as well at our firm.
BradfordC, proud to be a member of EV CONNECT FORUM since Jun 2018.

Hi Bradford,

Yes, it's working. We decided to use #[WF_TAGS.QUESTION_RESULTS_HTML]# to show all the questions and its answers.
If you only want to show a specific question, then I think you need to follow the tips presented above, like "create a custom business rule to store in 1 field desired questions/answers".